Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Craft Storage magnet

A lot of times when I'm busy cutting with my Big Shot, I'll lose the dies in the mass of papers I have strewn about (esp. the tiny ones).  To avoid this, I mounted a magnetic strip and a magnetic sheet to the wall just above my work surface.  That way, as soon as I pull the die off my machine, I can stick it to the wall.  That gives me easy access to it when I need it (and saves me time because I'm not hunting it up).  This also works well for any picks or tweezers I'm working with.

I also tend to lose my cutting plates and shims in all the paper, so I added a stainless steel magnetic pocket strip (from the Container Store) to the wall as well.  As soon as I crank my dies through my Big Shot, I stash the cutting plates and shims in the pocket out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment